The project “Feeding automation for cattle farms in Lombardy – AUTOFEED)”, funded by the Lombardy Region in the framework of SUBMEASURE 16.1 – “Support for the establishment and for the management of EIP Operative Group in the topic of agriculture’s productivity and sustainability” of the Rural Development Program 2014-2020, has started on September 1st, 2019.
The Treviglio’s Office of CREA – Research Centre for Engineering and Agro-Food Processing is the project leader, and the CRPA Studies and Research Foundation is responsible for studies on animal housing and the transfer and the disclosure of the results. The partnership includes five dairy and beef cattle farms, where different automatic device for feeding the animals will be installed:
- Agricultural Society Cervi Ciboldi Ernesto, Maria Cecilia e Maria Paola s.s., (CR)
- Agricultural Society Fattoria Ginestra di Bettoni Adonis e Angelo s.s., (CO)
- Agricultural Society Della Bona Faustino s.s. (BS)
- Agricultural Society Pieve di Nodari Gualtiero e C. s.s. (BS)
- Agricultural Society Giovannini Galdino e Pecchini Drusilla (MN)
The AUTOFEED’s Project, has various collaborations with external institutions and firms like:
- Università degli Studi di Milano, Dipartimento di Scienze Agrarie e Ambientali e Dipartimento di Scienze Veterinarie per la Salute, la Produzione Animale e la Sicurezza Alimentare.
- Lely Center (MN)
- Panoramic (MI)